Senior Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Senior engineering manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

the CFO asked me to describe a circumstance where I did not get along with a superior manager and how I handled it.

1 Answer

I answered honestly about my last manager (only worked for 8 months) who harassed me and treated me very unprofessionally. Yet I did not stoop to his level, continued to treat him with respect and most importantly never allowed it to affect my workplace, or my project (and continued to get outstanding performance awards). I also made certain I described how my prior management training and experiences, my team and project leadership and how obtaining my Leadership Certificate significantly helped me with this situation b/c it contained classroom experiences/role playing in each Communicating Across Cultures, Dealing with Difficult People and Conflict Resolution Courses.

How long had I been working in satellite communications? How long had you worked with Cisco switches? How long had you worked with satellite modems? Have you terminated CAT 5/6? Have you installed equipment into racks?

1 Answer

Based on my background they went into extensive detail on functional requirements of financial software that is was not expecting. I guess I told them somethings that they had not thought of. Can a product have bot lot# and serial #.

What is the difference between C++ and Java

1 Answer

How do you pitch resource ask to an exec.

1 Answer

What is your management style?

1 Answer

I was asked to describe my background and was challenged on my ability to perform the duties of the job I was interviewing for. I was also asked what my favorite Stone beer is and my next favorite.

1 Answer

Why did this product fail? (was shown pictures of a failed part and was asked to determine why it failed)

1 Answer

Interviewers were very interested in my prior experienced with advanced television technologies (understandable). Much of TiVo's platform is proprietary, so you just have to have enough background to pick things up once you get in the door.

110 of 78 Interview Questions