Senior Estimator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Estimator

Senior Estimator Interview Questions

Senior estimator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. How would you prepare a feasibility estimate? 2. Why do you want to leave your current company?

1 Answer

1. Benchmark against previous, similar projects, exclude peculiarities [cost of land, remediation of land, special foundations, etc], state assumptions and most importantly state it as a range, say $150-250/SF rather than give a single figure the client will latch onto throughout the design process. 2. Need to get back into prime contracting and get involved in actual construction, as I used to, instead of consulting, where engagement is limited and also so I can have bragging rights when driving my dad, who was a Town Planner and builder, and a merciless tease, around town and pointing out projects I'd project managed (interviewers mockingly laughed at this). Of course I was being facetious but who wouldn't be after how they approached the whole interview process, not to mention that it's always been one of the dumbest interview questions? Why should anyone have a "noble reason" for leaving one company or the other in a free country, especially an "at-will" employment State anyway? The interviewers also laughed at the notion of establishing an independent estimate to compare returned subcontractor bids against and claimed they found RS Means was inaccurate. I wondered whether they receive detailed estimates to back up the fixed lump sum bids from subcontractors and how they handled change orders, price adjustment, etc, post contract.

What are my long term goals. This may seem like an obvious question, but, in my experience, employers who don't ask this are not much interested in our mutual long term wellbeing.

1 Answer

I was basically asked about my prior experiences with estimating and project management and I gave them a full rundown on projects that I had either estimated or managed throughout the last 25 years.

If i was bilingual. Was was my commute.

1 Answer

What is one thing you thought you would have done on a specific timeline that went past your estimated end date?

1 Answer

What are the primary functions of ship repair estimating How many years of ship repair experience do you have Knowledge of Specs and blueprints Written test

No difficult or suprizing questions.

1 Answer

why did I want to leave my existing company

Insight on where I see myself in 5 years

1 Answer

1. Tell me about you and your background 2. What projects have you worked on, what size, what divisions, which ones you have been the TL. 3. What do you know about Suffolk? 4. What is your methodology? 5. What are your priorities? 6. What are your professional and personal goals?

110 of 21 Interview Questions