Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

"Senior financial analysts are respected for their expertise, exemplified by their attention to detail, confidence, and accuracy. In an interview context, expect to be questioned on technical questions, your previous experiences, and hypothetical situations that require your analysis and recommendation. Most importantly, come prepared with knowledge on the company and the industry, as well as the challenges that it faces."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Please tell me your biggest weakness?

What is your weakness?

What happens when IRR is equal to Discounted Rate

1 Answer

What would you do if you were working late with your team on a proposal because a teammate of yours went home sick. At 7pm at night you run out to grab pizzas for the team and you notice your sick coworker at the pizza place celebrating a child's birthday?

1 Answer

Would you ever recommend a project that had a negative NPV?

1 Answer

Most of the questions were job related to my previous experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, forecasting and budgeting. Asked about the process of performing those responsibilites in my previous companies, what financial and ERP systems used, described experience in working with other team members, business partners, etc. Specific questions about my overall system skills and skills in Hyperion Enterprise as the company is using Hyperion Enterprise financial system.

1 Answer

I had to complete a Excel test.

1 Answer

After asking me about my biggest weakness the director said "okay, now tell me another one."

1 Answer

What type of financial reports have you developed

1 Answer

Walk me through your resume. Describe how you build relationships with your business partners? What finance job do you see yourself in in 5 years? Why do you want to work in retail?