Senior IT Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior IT Project Manager Interview Questions

Senior it project manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

No difficult questions, just canned / situational questions w/ Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors of low caliber, expertise and no vision.

1 Answer

The Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors were complaining about all of the problems with current Project Managers that are of low quality and that do not take ownership and accountability, need babysitting and coaching by seasoned new hires.

How would you handle change management on a project like this?

1 Answer

Tell me your background in project management?

1 Answer

Do you have experience running an Agile software development project?

1 Answer

We talked mostly about my prior PM experience and training i.e. how it got it, where I got it, etc. I don't recall the specific questions anymore. But there were no trick questions or questions I was not able to respond to appropriately. I could tell they were serious about finding qualified people and had the knowledge to know what to ask for it.

1 Answer

Do you prefer iterative or waterfall Project Management style?

1 Answer

One of questions from the peer who rapid fired questions: What details do you capture in your RAID?

1 Answer

Generally questions were about how I would manage different types of IT projects in infrastructure, business analysis, asset management, etc. I was interviewing them as much as they were interviewing me. I was impressed with their strategies and personal integrity, so accepted the offer.

Most of the interview was reflecting on past experiences, failures of past managed projects, risk management and project management methodologies.

110 of 41 Interview Questions