Senior Market Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Market Researcher Interview Questions

Senior market researcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

There were several behavior ones, on team challenges, leadership and What have you done to 'delight' a customer. Give instances.

1 Answer

Mostly situational interview "Tell me a time when..." interview questions provided by HR to measure key traits and skills. Example: "Tell me a time when you had to convince someone of something that they were reluctant about." Each interviewer had topics and questions, but they were allowed to deviate from the list, so while there was theme consistency, there was also interviewer style variance that could indicate that others could go through a slightly different experience.

They asked about my spreadsheet skills, I don't think they liked my answer.

1 Answer

Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"

How do you handle people who do not believe in research?

Background Information about your previous employment experience, siting examples of your work experience. Personality traits. What you can offer the company. What are your career goals. Testing on ability to use software for job. Write examples for case studies.

110 of 19 Interview Questions