Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Senior marketing manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

Please tell me how you'd design a campaign to capture the SMB market

3 Answers

What makes you different from the hundreds of other people out there qualified to do this job?

2 Answers

Why are you interested in taking a position that is a downgrade in title?

General Interview questions.

1 Answer

For this role, they wanted to know my familiarity with direct mail marketing

1 Answer

What do you want to talk about?

2 Answers

How have you handled X situation (pretty standard kind of question)

1 Answer

Would you be willing to travel?

1 Answer

Tell me about your marketing experience.

110 of 487 Interview Questions