Senior Net Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Net Developer Interview Questions

Senior net developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you consume from a WCF web service running on IIS?

3 Answers

I answered create a service reference in visual studio. The follow up, was "How do you do it without visual studio?" I answered "wsdl", but I really didn't have much more after that because I'm so use to using Visual Studio.

we can use svcutil, which will provide option to create service proxy and its config file. Once the proxy has been created we can add this proxy and config files to the client project and invoke the service.

I will create same type of service on local system and hots it on IIS I will access that service using service URL and then in other environment I ll directly modify URL's in web.config files.

The questionnaire asked for code that I found to be particularly satisfying or interesting. No company that I have worked for would ever release their proprietary work-for-hire code to another company, or allow their employees to retain it after leaving.

1 Answer

Questions are fairly easy, if you really know things, here are completed set of all questions I get: 1) Create a program to display numbers between 1-100, but if the number is divisible by 3, print 'fizz' if divisible by 5, print 'buzz'. If divisible by both 3 &5 print 'fizz buzz' 2) Create reusable library (DLL) for the code above and write code to use that library 3) Instead of printing hardcode numbers 1-100, and fizz/buzz, allow user to specify those parameters whichever way they like 4) Modify the code to return some sort of indication if they specify invalid range such as 100-1 instead of 1-100 5) write unit test for this program (I didn't answer this one, cuz I have never use it) 6) Modify the code so that it can handle any condition for example what if user specified range from 1billion to 10billions. (not quite sure what interviewer wanted me to do on this at all) --Most difficult part? not really I was having fun, the interviewer made me feel like he was very happy with my code, but it was a total fake, he I turned around a gave me a negative assessment LOL for couple not really that important questions #5-6, may be because I was interviewed for a 6-digit salary and not a junior or mid level so he expected a whole lot more??? That is alright I wasn't looking for job at the time, HeadSpring VP contacted me first via LinkedIn and I thought why not give it a try, if I get it....great! otherwise, life goes on! so hope this helps to whoever next!

3 Answers

I was asked how I would to solve a rendering problem on a page with a graphical UI that included an interactive JavaScript Bar chart that wasn't behaving correctly.

1 Answer

Having to recite some silly technical reference that I never use to build web applications in .NET. Some of the participants usually from India will just grab a question from a text book.That would be OK if I were in school and reading chapters from that book preparing for an exam or quiz.

1 Answer

What is the difference between a mutex and a monitor

1 Answer

Are you interested in contract work or direct hire opportunities?

1 Answer

How would you design a web site?

1 Answer

I thought it was very strange that they asked my salary requirements 2 questions into the phone interview.

Syntax for SQL group by