Senior Platform Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Platform Engineer

Senior Platform Engineer Interview Questions

Senior platform engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Without giving it away, basically a design problem that is comparing different data stored with pseudo conditions that has to result in a weighted result from comparing things. Not a hard question, but one so open that you can go in several directions on solving it.

1 Answer

Simplify the storage layer, and make the design more robust by using a DSL to handle the conditional requirements, and thus ensure that most of the work is placed on the backend storage engine to handle comparisons and calculating the weights for you... Thought this was a good approach especially if you think of the sheer volume of data and amount of comparisons that may be necessary (storage engines are great at doing this, so it doesn't make sense to programatically write recursive code to do this).

Design an Url rate-limiter

1 Answer

Besides the technical questions, my task was to scout out potential teammates to join the team.

1 Answer

What made you want to pursue working in Healthcare HR?

While submitting an order from application (browser), if electric were cut off and database were dead, what happened to this order? Will data be all lost?

Design a service to support billions of devices. Problem solving questions. Engineering process questions. Talk with other engineers, product managers, development managers. At the end of the day, I even talked with the founder/co-founder, which helped me a lot to understand more about OfferUp. Eventually helped me to decide which startup offer to take.

1 Answer

I was asked to go through the process of solving a poorly performing SQL query.

1 Answer

Pair programming, critiquing a proposed system design, running through some on-call-like troubleshooting scenarios.

Write a function that, given an integer > 0, will return a List containing all the prime numbers up to, and including, the given integer.

110 of 18 Interview Questions