Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Product Engineer Interview Questions

Senior product engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What would do you to fix a reticulation problem on an old style moveable gap system with a shadow clamp?

2 Answers

first, try to determine if anyone cares, i.e. would anyone use the system if you went to the trouble of fixing it. After verifying and quantifying the demand for the system, consult the system maintenance manual. After determining the cost, materials, and time required to repair the system, evaluate whether it is cost-effective to attempt the repair. If so, obtain the necessary tools and materials, and effect the repair per the maintenance manual. Finally, notify the system users that the system is again available for use.

Silly response. If the customer didn't care, they wouldn't have asked you to fix it. This particular fix is not in the manual but most experienced FSE's and TSE's should be able to repair the problem because they know what causes it.

How would you go about fixing an image that is half focused in light microscopy?

1 Answer

Please describe the DNA structure to a person who has no experience with science.

1 Answer

How can you solve the problem? (Example from the current problem of their department)

1 Answer

none, other than "why are leaving Alcoa??"

1 Answer

What was your biggest contribution to the company you currently work for?

I was asked about a material I would use for a long-term underwater application. In hindsight (and considering their industry), I should I've studied that info before I went in.

My background My work experience Tested me on my technical knowledge

110 of 48 Interview Questions