Senior product marketing manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior product marketing manager Interview Questions

senior product marketing manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you approach competitive content creation?

2 Answers

I research external and internal ( technical marketing peers) sources and develop compelling competitive messaging to be used to develop one pager, ppt slides and top kill bullets that the field can easily leverage when speaking to prospects.

As with any interview question, a good first step would be to learn more about the specific purpose of what is asked for, in this case the competitive analysis and content creation. Is this to help reduce the sales cycle, to learn about competition sales techniques, for product(s) feature comparison, etc. And who would be the audience for such analysis and how the results would be used. Once these are determined, then external or internal sources could be used to gather details that satisfy the objectives and also to create adequate material. Different types of collateral with various levels of detail would be required to better serve the targeted audience of this analysis.

What are the ages of your children?

2 Answers

I received a question from the CEO that was unexpected. The reason for the question was to gain an understanding in my process of thinking. It was regarding a man in a boat and a boulder and what happens to the water when you take a specific action...I'll just leave it at that.

1 Answer

Here is a magic box that does algorithmic signal matching [hinting at the Adchemy "secret sauce" intent matching algo]. What would be the ranking logic for two ads that have the exact same bidding and reputation (relevance)?

1 Answer

I don't remember the specific question anymore, but it was a very technical question for a marketing role.

1 Answer

Typical interview questions regarding past jobs: This is to understand what you really bring to the table and how the company can benefit from your skills and functional expertise Some questions on Wrike: This is to understand whether you really spent time understanding the company, product, competition, industry etc and whether you can add some value to the organization

1 Answer

Tell me about a recent go-to-market launch and my strategy for it.

1 Answer

Have you downloaded our free trial?

1 Answer

How would you grow the market share of a new product?

1 Answer

None. This interaction was horrendous. Typically, the way top notch companies who focus on hiring amazing talent do the following when conducting phone interviews. 1) They describe the role in detail 2) allows time for the candidate to describe his/hers professional experience to determine if the position matches the candidate(s) interest, skills, and professional background and 3) leaves time for questions. None of these steps were followed. The call (not an interview) lasted twenty minutes, and at the end, I could not ask any questions about the position because it was not explained and I was not clear about the position.