Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a senior project manager, you can expect to be asked not only about your skills and experience as a project manager but also about your ability to hire, place, and mentor other project managers, step in when when a troubled project needs to be turned around, and devise ways to continuously improve project management strategies. Prepare to answer questions about how you would resolve project issues of any size, incorporate the company's business needs into the decisions made in each project, and review projects to determine how you the company can improve from them."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Suppose you are working on a project with an original scope of a few months and you are told that you instead now have a few days -- how would you handle it?

5 Answers

Assuming the scope reduction is feasible, I would toss out everything except the highest priority deliverable.

As long as the project is on track and I am in day >55, I'd say; " No issue."

I would say evaluate the overall impacts and risks then communicate it with your sponsor (customer). Let he/she to decide then document it.

How would you deliver a project when there are two conflicting directives issued by your manager and your manager's manager?

1 Answer

Describe a project that you have managed and the steps you took to see that project completed.

1 Answer

What is your idea of reasonable turn around time for a project?

3 Answers

Have I ever managed a project where my deadline move-up abruptly? Was I able to meet that deliverable deadline, and if so, how?

1 Answer

What do you think of the team?

5 Answers

Why do you want this job?

3 Answers

If you could be any animal what would it be? and why?

2 Answers

What was most difficult challenge?

2 Answers

How many bottles of shampoo used in hotels around the world

110 of 1,058 Interview Questions