Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a senior project manager, you can expect to be asked not only about your skills and experience as a project manager but also about your ability to hire, place, and mentor other project managers, step in when when a troubled project needs to be turned around, and devise ways to continuously improve project management strategies. Prepare to answer questions about how you would resolve project issues of any size, incorporate the company's business needs into the decisions made in each project, and review projects to determine how you the company can improve from them."

Top Interview Questions

What makes me unique

1 Answer

My drive for success, my ability to partner and work collaboratively.

How would you prioritize multiple projects for the team leader across a matrixed organization when everything is a priority?

Asked about how I functioned in my current role and responsibilities/roles both internally and with clients

How would you deal with a financial issue on a project where the contractor is billing for more than the agreed upon amount?

1 Answer

What is a good time to speak about the role?

1 Answer

I was asked about the specific budget and size of the engagements I had managed.

What my relationships with the local transit and transportation agencies was like?

That I fit their culture.

110 of 1,366 Interview Questions