Senior Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Research Manager Interview Questions

Senior research manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

Describe your work history in detail. Why have you pursued multiple opportunities over the last five years?

To design a product test based on some specs

Where do you see the industry moving towards in the future and what tools does your current company have?

Explain the types of research you have conducted.

Do you have an opinion between using k-means vs hierarchical clustering for cluster analysis.

1 Answer