Senior researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for senior researcher

Senior researcher Interview Questions

senior researcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

What's your strengths for this position

5 Answers

How would you define "unreasonable expectations"

2 Answers

What motivated you to do that job? What is your strength? (But she meant what you can bring to us?) How much chemistry or biology do you know? Explain your previous research.

1 Answer

Describe a mistake you made at work, how you handled it, and what you learned from it.

2 Answers

I believe I was asked about a legal matter concerning Georgia Tech and a family member.

1 Answer

Given the molar mass of NaCl, how would you make a 50mM NaCl solution?

1 Answer

what is the biggest challenge you ever had?

1 Answer

What are your challenges in your current position.

110 of 657 Interview Questions