Senior Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Researcher

Senior Researcher Interview Questions

Senior researcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

How I have handled conflicts in my work atmosphere?

1 Answer

If I had a disagreement with a fellow worker on how to solve a problem, what would I do?

1 Answer

Recommendation for type of data access technology.

How do you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10

What does ALCOA mean?

1 Answer

How to do the troubleshooting?

1 Answer

When enumerating the features to be extracted from a 3-D surface scan of composite material for anomaly detection, Curvature alone was mentioned instead of Mean and Gaussian Curvature. I was asked why didn't mention the Mean and Gaussian Curvatures.

1 Answer

How would I locate a stationary object over 300m to within 2m.

2 Answers

What dataset experiences are you comfort with?

110 of 446 Interview Questions