Senior Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Researcher Interview Questions

Senior researcher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

Why didn't you go into more detail on the methods in your talk. Thats what we care about, not your obscure academic project.

1 Answer

How can you help fix the challenges we face... I was not aware of the specific challenges since they were not able to share.

1 Answer

How many clients could I handle When I had no experience to gauge this by since U was an academic researcher.

1 Answer

Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.

1 Answer

The questions from individuals covered a number of areas, such as scientific/methodological, strategic, work style, time management since deadlines are often very narrow, etc..

1 Answer

Describe a mistake you made at work, how you handled it, and what you learned from it.

2 Answers

Why are you interested in working for us? You were an Instructor (per your resume)?? Where you qualified for that? How?

What have you published?

1 Answer

How to do the troubleshooting?

110 of 388 Interview Questions