Senior software architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior software architect Interview Questions

senior software architect interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are some ways to successfully roll out changes to multiple applications/services in an ecosystem where high volumn is expected and minimize or eliminate errors.

1 Answer

One techinque is to ensure that the API (contract) is versioned, another is to use markers and a load balancer to ensure that versioned services work with proper services

Most questions are built around Amazon's 14 principles.

25 Answers

How does a garbage collection system work? How will you prevent an object from being garbage collected? Write N-ary tree traversal code to search a node given a String key. How many JVM instances does a tomcat server have? How would it handle multiple applications with different versions of same api (for instance log4j)? Explain wait and notify. Explain Generics. What is the difference between a static class and a singleton class? Why do you want to work for Netflix?

2 Answers

basically the test was a high school, entry level modest C set of 3-5 lines long questions, all in almost K&R meant to test if you knew that local variables are not initialized, to see if a for goes beyond nSize - 1, that being given a pointer you can access it using an array and other things of this sort. responses were automatically grilled (just like dmv office) and the so called "technical" recruiter was apparently computer illiterate

2 Answers

Abstract class vs. Inheritance

1 Answer

I was asked to defend why I didn't believe in drag & drop development. Seriously?!

1 Answer

I was asked various details of go(lang) concurrency operators and design patterns.

1 Answer

I was asked to implement a linked list, originally in an actual language, but my solution became pseudo code as it's been a while since I actually implemented a linked list.

1 Answer

They showed me a block of JavaScript code in which they declared a function with a function inside the outer function with a statement inside that function that modified a value Then outside the function set a initial value then modified the value then called then called the function that modified the value. Then asked what the value was at each point.

How to design Google Docs, Implement, Conflict Resolution