Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

Senior software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

There was a detailed technical question about a test strategy for a complex system built with a domain-specific language. When I answered in general terms, the interviewer kept pressing for more specifics and detailed examples. I finally realized that she didn't really understand the problem. I confronted her with "This is your job, isn't it? And you don't know how to do it!" She admitted I was right.

Is a word a palindrome?

1 Answer

Randomly shuffle an array. Follow up questions on ensure that no items remain in their original places.

Describe the last product/project you worked on and any scalability issues you had with it? What was the TPS?

What's the test process that ensures that your code is good to go?

Given a string with multiple lines, find and print the most frequent character for each line. If there is a tie in a given line, i.e, if 2 characters occur the most in that line, then print the one that comes first in the alphabetical order.

1 Answer

Given a particular (naive) run-length compression algorithm. How can you improve the compression ratio of this algorithm without affecting certain properties (streaming, performance, etc.). Discuss.

Complete the code so it passes the unit tests.

1 Answer

The questions are meant to be confidential for obvious reasons. In general, they covered topics like BSTs, Graphs, String manipulation, multi-threading synchronization & collections.

3140 of 140 Interview Questions