Senior software development engineer interview questions shared by candidates
There was a detailed technical question about a test strategy for a complex system built with a domain-specific language. When I answered in general terms, the interviewer kept pressing for more specifics and detailed examples. I finally realized that she didn't really understand the problem. I confronted her with "This is your job, isn't it? And you don't know how to do it!" She admitted I was right.
Given a particular (naive) run-length compression algorithm. How can you improve the compression ratio of this algorithm without affecting certain properties (streaming, performance, etc.). Discuss.
The questions are meant to be confidential for obvious reasons. In general, they covered topics like BSTs, Graphs, String manipulation, multi-threading synchronization & collections.
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Senior Software Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Senior Manager
- Senior Software Engineer In Test
- Senior Software Developer
- Senior Software Development Engineer
- Senior Staff Software Engineer
- Principal Software Engineer
- Staff Engineer
- Lead Software Development Engineer
- Senior Program Manager
- Software Development Engineer
- Senior Consultant
- Software Development Engineer II
- Test Engineer
- Software Engineer In Test