Senior Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Senior software qa engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe the packet format for PBB, PB, IPv6, IPv4, Ethernet along with the size of each field

1 Answer

While waiting for my telephone interview and sitting here for 23 minutes, I went on GlassDoor.com and researched the company. It turns out the company is notorious for being late on telephone interviews and I have read over some very bad experiences from other candidates.

1 Answer

Behavioral questions - self development questions, why is it needed, why is it a weakness, what have you done so far to work on it

1 Answer

What is the difference between a test plan and test cases?

1 Answer

Focused primarily on my testing and leadership experience.

1 Answer

a) Algorithm questions --> Find first non-repeating character in a string using normal iterative method and then using a HashSet. I used LinkedHashSet --> this was the tricky part. Just go through the use of LinkedHashSet. b) Questions on testing on mobile and Desktop. c) TestNG and Selenium based questions.

a) Algorithm questions Armstrong Number and Anagram b) Questions on Testing framework and how to manage the script if it is taking a lot of time. c) Other basic Selenium related questions.

Though they were hiring for a Senior position, the questions were mostly the type you would ask a junior QA engineer. Questions about definition of terms such as integration testing, functional testing, unit testing and the usual silly one about how you would test a pen. As I said, junior level questions. Nothing about situational scenarios, interacting with Program Managers, testing metrics, situational issues etc. They also quickly made up their mind that I was a hardware engineer even though I am not and clearly stated that in my resume and during the interview. I don't have an Electrical Engineering degree and don't have that kind of knowledge. Very disappointed in the fact that I did not get to spend any length of time with the hiring manager. Instead was quickly whisked out of the building by another person who was not involved in the interview.

How do you extract data fragments of a specific format from a large messy text file? Followed by trickier variations.

110 of 46 Interview Questions