Senior systems engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior systems engineer Interview Questions

senior systems engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.

8 Answers

It can modeled as binary symmetric channel. As to my understanding, channel capacity can be acheived with perfect feedback and simple retransmission scheme, so i guess the answer is 1-H(0.1).

10/(1.23456...)=8.1 packets per sec

Interviewer was correct. With probability 0.1 you have one retransmission, with probability (0.1)^2 you have two, etc., since you can also lose the retransmitted packets, reducing the throughput to approximately 0.89.

There is a body of water that starts with 1 square unit, and doubles in size every day (2 units after 2 days, 4 units after 4 days). It takes 100 days to fill up. How many days would it take to fill if you started with 2 square units?

6 Answers

Why do you want to work here?

3 Answers

If I put you in front of a system no one has ever used before and asked you to spin up 100 servers, how long would you tell me it would take?

3 Answers

What would you do if you got an error with the Schema Master FSMO role?

3 Answers

Where do you see your self in 5 years?

2 Answers

What would be the best data structure for a name-to-phone number lookup, and what would be the average search time? (As a follow up: What could you change in order to improve that search time?

Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question

2 Answers

Why is virtualized environment good for an organization?

2 Answers

If I didn't know how to do something, how wold I proceed.

110 of 684 Interview Questions