Senior Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Tax Associate Interview Questions

Senior tax associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked how I would handle a mistake on a billion dollar deal.

Very typical questions and just to feel out if I will be a good fit to the team. People are respectful and nice.

Name a moment that challenged you, how did you overcome it? Tell me about yourself Asking to specifically explain things on your resume and to give examples

1 Answer

They knew I was making a job change due to a move from a different state but asked why I chose to stay in public accounting.

They asked about a couple of different tax vehicles that are up and coming, but it wasn't expected to be known. The most unexpected thing was that they didn't ask that many questions, but one interviewer mainly spoke non-stop for 30 minutes.

Given my background and experience, why would I be a good fit for this position?

Why do you choose KPMG? Why did you leave your previous job? What's you strength and weakness?

2 interviews rounds with 3 interviews. They make you sit in a boardroom where senior associates are monitoring you. This is a place to really be on your best behaviour as the seniors are trying to find people to weed out. Usually they interview 20 people and hire any where between 5-10 people. Be professional and be calm, know your resume cause they will ask about details.

What areas of tax practice do you need more development on and what is one that you could train others on?

1 Answer