Senior Technical Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview Questions

Senior technical program manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Typical Amazon PM interview questions. I was asked about the time when you disagreed with manager couple of times. I

Most of the questions were behavioral and leadership principles along with some design and algorithm.

1 Answer

How do you handle conflicts when 2 projects require the same resources?

The interview was broken down into mostly 2 parts: System Design and Situational questions based on Amazon Leadership principles. 3 interviewers asked me system design questions like: 1. design a database schema for a certain configuration manager 2. Design a service that can handle hundreds of thousand transactions to be executed at a very specific time of the day (think about scale and error conditions) 3. Another question was about a real life problem that the interviewing team was having. I was asked to come up with a viable solution, design the system for the solution and define the APIs for each box (service) in my solution. The other 3 interviewers mostly asked situational questions based on 1 or more Amazon leadership principles. Note, the interviewer will not reveal which leadership principle they are probing on.

Some questions focused on technical architecture, but most were focused on management, particularly how I manage managers, and how I make my direct reports into better managers.

1 Answer

Most of the questions were behavioral and within the context of the Amazon leadership principles. During three of the interviews, I was asked to design a solution to a given problem.

I won't disclose the specifics because I signed NDA. But be prepared for questions that are critical to your role - things such as working under competing priorities, team challenges, high level distributed systems architecture etc.,

Situational questions. Process questions. What I liked about the company. Where I wanted to be in 5 years. Typical behavioral questions. They are very big on making sure you are a good fit.