Senior Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Technical Writer Interview Questions

Senior technical writer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you plan to ensure that your focus is always on improving the customer experience?

1 Answer

The first piece of information a good technical writer needs, when presented with a new documentation task, is who the audience will be for this document. It's helpful to get as much detailed data about the audience as possible, preferably before even beginning the task of writing. The better you know your audience, or customers, the better you can serve them. The more you understand them, and their needs, the better you can dazzle them.

I was given a writing test. The test included three poorly organized technical writing passages that I was instructed to rewrite. Great idea to add this and something I have never seen in a technical writing interview. Typically you're just asked for samples and those are used to evaluate your ability as a writer.

1 Answer

How would you deal with people freaking out to meet the deadline for a USAID proposal?

1 Answer

How many words are in a good sentence? This was asked by an absolute idiot who was rude. This is also incorrect and she insisted this was correct, despite having never been a writer professionally in her life (her admission). Oh well, just remember the answer I guess.

6 Answers

What was your grade point average?

2 Answers

Pretend that I'm a product manager and interview me about a new product to figure out how to structure the help content for the product.

2 Answers

Not applicable my friend, sorry.

1 Answer

Would I have a problem with doing SharePoint?

1 Answer

Tell me how your entrepreneurial background affects how you approach working for an employer.

110 of 139 Interview Questions