Senior Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Technical Writer Interview Questions

Senior technical writer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was given a writing test. The test included three poorly organized technical writing passages that I was instructed to rewrite. Great idea to add this and something I have never seen in a technical writing interview. Typically you're just asked for samples and those are used to evaluate your ability as a writer.

1 Answer

I rewrote each of the passages, reorganizing the content and attempting to apply a minimalist style.

How do you plan to ensure that your focus is always on improving the customer experience?

1 Answer

How would you deal with people freaking out to meet the deadline for a USAID proposal?

1 Answer

How many words are in a good sentence? This was asked by an absolute idiot who was rude. This is also incorrect and she insisted this was correct, despite having never been a writer professionally in her life (her admission). Oh well, just remember the answer I guess.

6 Answers

What was your grade point average?

2 Answers

Pretend that I'm a product manager and interview me about a new product to figure out how to structure the help content for the product.

2 Answers

What are some ways you'd help developers provide feedback?

1 Answer

Explain the difference in approach between SOAP and restful APIs, and how you'd approach such a transition when writing developer documentation.

1 Answer

Which industries have I worked in as a Technical Writer. What was my level of telecom experience. Discuss recent positions and responsibilities.

1 Answer

What kind of tree would you be?

3 Answers