English Teacher Interview Questions in Shanghai, China | Glassdoor

English Teacher Interview Questions in Shanghai, China

English teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked for EFL certification and one to two years of experience. They asked about classroom management techniques.

1 Answer

I said I would ask students that had phone calls during class to leave the classroom. Web's students are business people, adults, and are not treated like children.

How long have you been teacher 3-4 year olds?

1 Answer

How many students do you think is the best size to work with?

1 Answer

Would you like to work at multiple schools?

1 Answer

Do you have any experience teaching young learners, say around 3 to 6 years old?

1 Answer

Do you have any prior teaching experience?

1 Answer

The other thing is, the HR girl shouldn't have hired me by herself, normally 2 supervisors had to deal with candidates, at the time of my interview they were on vacations and the school I was hired to teach at had a burning position that had to be taken in 3 days, that's why the HR girl never spoke to the superiors and hired me in a matter of minutes. The downside was that I was sent to teach something I had no idea about with the students I hadn't seen before with a very poor help from Chinese teachers. I had no equipment, no schedule, no lesson plan and I had to deal with 4 classes for 2 days in this manner before I got to speak to my supervisors. No wonder why our first meeting was not them testing me but me complaining about my disasterious classes. Later they provided a 2 day training which merely helped because I had been thrown into the class before.

Mostly she wanted to see the demo-class, which showed her that I spoke some Chinese, knew how to deal with shy/quiet students, was energetic enough to keep the class going.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work in China

1 Answer

Can you come up with some of your own life club events?