Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Shift Manager Interview Questions

Shift Manager Interview Questions

In a retail store or restaurant, stressful and complicated situations can arise. As a shift manager, you the one in charge of resolving them in an effective and professional way. Expect to be asked about how you would handle various problems that might come up, such as conflicts between employees and other bad employee behavior, irate customers, in-store emergencies, and staff shortages.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are your strengths and weakness.

2 Answers

as any one would.

Strengths: team player, responsible, reliable, good at time management, etc. Weaknesses: get caught up in small details, etc. (make sure to follow up by explaining how you are working to improve on this)

Give me an example of a customer complaint and how you handled it.

1 Answer

Explain to me a time in a past job where you stepped up as a manager

2 Answers

Since you've not worked specifically as a recruiter before, how well versed are you in the Staff Management New Hire process?

1 Answer

Who set this interview up? Was it our human resource department or an agency?

1 Answer

The most difficult mission has been the achievement of labor-to-revenue percentage - alongside appropriate service times and the completion of all of the closing responsibilities (me being a closing manager. The closing manager is often blamed or praised for the performance of the store for a given day, since the sales volume is usually high during the end of the day and the opportunity for excessive labor at the end of the day is also high.)

1 Answer

You see a patron with a gun sitting at a slot machine, what do you do?

1 Answer

Have u ever work in food industry before

1 Answer

What could u bring to this company

1 Answer

Describe to me how you used diversity in your community to tailor your business to improve sales.

110 of 495 Interview Questions