shopkick Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

shopkick Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at shopkick in May 2017.

Interview

all happened within a week. Started with a behavioral phone interview to see what kind of person you are, followed by a technical interview also over phone. Both interviews took about an hour, while the second highly focused on technicals

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for shopkick

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Was referred by an employee. After a couple of days got a call from the recruiter. After about 1 week, we schedule a technical screen. I was interviewed by a product manager(!) and not by an engineer. After a couple of days, they reached out and say that I passed the interview, and asked for dates for an onsite interview. I provided some dates and waited. After a week or so I got an email from the recruiter saying that my background is not a match to the position, without any apology for me wasting my time. Really rude.

Interview Questions

• Given a digit string, return all possible letter combinations that the number could represent. (+ running time).   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at shopkick (Redwood City, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 Phone Call Interviews using a shared doc to code and a final skype call to go over culture fit. I felt like everyone was really understanding. I had initially started with an intention to go into iOS development, but I was weak in this area. We were able to switch my second phone screen to a java coding problem which I was able to successfully complete. After I was in the area, I was able to visit the office and meet everyone which was a great experience. All in all, great process, great people.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was to distribute calls to a service in a threaded iOS application. I had to watch for corner cases such as if the phone crashed or died, to still be able to persist calls and make sure I didn't repeat calls.   Answer Question

I declined because I had a better internship opportunity. I felt like as a college student you want to brand yourself with more popular companies, but for a full-time role, Shopkick would be the perfect place to work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at shopkick.

Interview

I had one HR interview and 3 technical interviews and got rejected on the final round interview. The technical questions were about algorithms and not very difficult. The most difficult one is divide a string into fixed length rows and follow-ups. The follow-ups could be solved by DP, but I did not have enough time at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at career fair, scheduled phone interview. Total of three phone interviews but ultimately no offer. One behavioral with HR, two technical with engineers. Technical interviews were coding questions done over a shared online document. Very data structures heavy, allow you to use any language. Employees were polite and professional. Product seems interesting.

Interview Questions

• Linked List and Binary Tree algorithm questions (fairly standard)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at shopkick in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter phone interview followed by a technical interview.
    The technical interview is quite smooth, but I do no know why I failed when got thank you email at the same day.
    It took me 1 hour 15 minutes to go through resume, ask and answer problems to test culture fit, and ask me a 'Letter combinations of a phone number'. Did everything perfectly. Just stuck a little while for time complexity analysis but then correct it.
    May I am over-qualified?

Interview Questions

• 'Letter combinations of a phone number'   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially chatted with an engineer at the Greylock Tech Fair and talked about the company and what he did there. I also told him about my situation (graduating in December, but not starting until the summer) and he said that I could interview anytime and then start whenever, which was pretty chill. I then had a phone call with the engineering recruiter and it was going well until she asked me for my GPA. I know I don't have the most stellar GPA, but the minimum at Shopkick is 3.5, which is pretty darn high for a minimum. And they don't care how many projects you do or past internships you have or what school/program you attended unless this GPA minimum is met. She then consoled me by saying that they'll follow up with me in a year, when GPA "doesn't matter". So that was how far I got into the hiring process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at shopkick.

Interview

I contacted a recruiter and a first phone interview was setup. I thought that went badly since the recruiter kept asking more and more confusing follow up questions on how to improve when I had told there was no significant improvements. In the end in interviewer told me the same thing ?! Surprisingly however I was called back for another interview. Was asked to explain a piece of code and asked to make improvements. The interviewer told me that I was right and I thought I had done well. Was sent a vague generic rejection email after that from the recruiting team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at shopkick.

Interview

Got connected by recruiter on linkedin, and a technical phone interview was set up right after hr called me. It was a very fast process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at shopkick in October 2013.

Interview

Completed a first round interview, which consisted of a technical phone screen. The interviewer came across as quite cold and gave very little guidance or hints as to what he expected to see, which was very odd given that the interview question was very open-ended. The interview lasted about 60 minutes and consisted of a single, open-ended question—a real-time remote coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Asked to implement a data structure in a programming language of choice. What made the task difficult is that the interviewer provided very little feedback so it was difficult to make optimization and scaling trade-offs.   Answer Question