Social media manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for social media manager

Social media manager Interview Questions

Social media manager Interview Questions

When interviewing you as social media manager, employers want to assess your technical skills with social media communication and monitoring technologies and your "soft skills" in terms creating compelling social campaigns and being the voice of the brand. Expect lots of questions about how you use technologies and lots of hypotheticals about how you would handle different difficult situations. Employers will also ask about successful campaigns that you ran, and how you demonstrated success.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

I didn't have a good answer for this one.

Its such a tricky question. I guess its by the analytic we use to know the page views and all..

Try to define "scale", ask for clarifications. Are we trying to scale to more users or to more ad providers? Are there any current bottlenecks? What is the goal here? How about we improve the experience by providing more relevant ads? etc...

What kind of tools do you use for social media management?

1 Answer

Which advertising campaign that I conceived was a disaster and how did I bring it around?

1 Answer

What would be your goals for this position? How would you handle oversight of multiple departments/personnel? What would be the first thing you would do once you start?

2 Answers

"Will you vacuum my floor whenever I want?"

2 Answers

Tells us about yourself, why are you looking to leave, what projects have you failed, how would our friends describe you, how would your co-workers describe you, basic questions...

2 Answers

The 2nd question was a combination of questions but mostly asked if I was familiar with what Hershey Park Entertainment and Resorts does.

2 Answers

How would you go about taking our brand to the next level on social media?

1 Answer

What do you currently do for work?

Tell us about yourself