Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Development Engineer I

Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

Software development engineer i interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Given some array such as {4, 2, 5, 3}, write a function that would take in the array and a number that would return how many pairs add up to the number.

2 Answers

Find the largest branch in a tree that is itself a binary search tree

Maps, Recursion, and good OOP are your friends.

You want to keep the largest 1000 integer numbers from incoming pockets containing integers. Please write a program on how to do it.

3 Answers

How would you go about designing an university? What classes and methods will it have?

1 Answer

there is an array with 99 length long, each spot will have number from 1-100, number will never repeat on the array. Give as many way as possible to find the missing number.

3 Answers

You are given a n*n matrix of bits (1s and 0s) where 1 represents land and 0 represents water. Adjacent 1s can be considered as joined together to form sort of island in water. Count the number of islands. Discuss complexity.

2 Answers

Consider a rectangular mesh (intersecting horizontal and vertical lines ). These lines represent intersecting roads. You are standing at top left intersection and you need to reach to a resort located at bottom right intersection. On your way, you can see interesting sights which are given points (weightage). You are lazy to walk (i.e. you wont walk left / up. You will only walk to right or down). While reaching resort , you want to cover maximum points (see things that have more weightage). Write a program to calculate maximum number of points that you can cover. He later asked me to improve solution by avoiding paths already visited.

1 Answer

You are given a long stream of characters. Write a program to find first non repeating character. Discuss complexity.