Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Development Engineer I Interview Questions

Software development engineer i interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

-Phone screen had 3 simple coding questions- 1 was based on Javascript and CSS. 2 standard coding problems-fairly easy . - On-site had a mix of coding, design,frontend and behavioural interviews. -1st interview was coding round- was asked 2 questions. Had to write code on whiteboard. One was a tree based question and other was a linkedlist one. -2nd interview was a design interview. Had a really good discussion with the interviewer. Asked me to design a real world system. -3rd was more of a knowledge based one-on frontend technologies, -4th , was asked one more coding question-array related. Then moved on to some frontend questions(css,javascripts, frameworks)-what is pseudo selectors, closures.. -5th was taken by a architect. Really enjoyed interviewing with this person. He had a great knowledge of products and technologies. Asked me some behavioral questions , and then a string manipulation question.

explain dynamic programming, how can you apply it to problems you just solved

How do you communicate that a project is taking longer than planned and what solutions do you offer?

Talk about your experience with data.

1 Answer

If you woke up CEO of your company tomorrow, what would your top 3 priorities be?

1 Answer

What are Inner / Outer Joins in SQL? How are they different?

1 Answer

Common behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected. What are your accomplishments, failures etc.

Given a 2D array, find the sum of all the elements in the array. O(n^2) solution is too slow, find ways to optimize (ended up adding a second parameter 2D array).

3 Answers

Given two nodes in a binary tree, find their first common ancestor (if it exists).