Software Development Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Development Engineer II Interview Questions

Software development engineer ii interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Design a Database for an Email Service.

1 Answer

The interviewer asked me if I am aware that the position I am being interviewed for is lower than my current one.

1 Answer

How will you write a function to merge two sorted arrays assuming one of them have enough space to hold all the members.

2 Answers

Test the Find - Replace Dialog

1 Answer

Their absurd quiz. Why would you ask someone to author a search algorithm from scratch when there are so many good ones available in open source and on various chat boards and blogs. A smart software engineer would never design one from scratch - he/she would look at what's been previously done (after all, it's NOT a new problem; it's been solved and optimized numerous times over), and select/adapt for one's specific application. I fail to see how this "quiz" helps differentiate good candidates from poor ones (IMO, it does quite the opposite).

1 Answer

Describe the most challenging problem you've had and how you solved it?

2 Answers

Mathematically prove "Birthday paradox".

1 Answer

What is the best way to find files containing a US phone number in a collection of more than 10000 html files.

1 Answer

Several machine learning concepts in the first interview such as Why decision tree is not better than a random forest, explain hypothesis testing, situation specific designs. In the second interview asked to find sub-strings from a string which are valid dictionary words.

1 Answer

Is there a situation in your career with your colleagues that you would like to fix (if given the chance)? What is your greatest achievement? Some think big questions. How would you solve the Netflix challenge?

3140 of 248 Interview Questions