Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview Questions

Software development engineer in test (sdet) interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How to test a clock

2 Answers

Write a program in java that determines whether a string is a palindrome.

2 Answers

On campus interview questions: 1) Find the middle of a linked list 2) Find all the paths in a binary tree that sum up to a given value 3) Write test cases for bing (yeah, really!) On site interviews: - Interview 1: After discussing past projects. Write test cases for a routine that takes input 2 Cartesian coordinates and draws a line joining them, but the display pane can show points only such that x and y are between -100 and 100. How would you design it for a blind person. Choose the best 6 test cases and why. - Interview 2: After discussing my resume. Write code to find all the palindromes in a string. Code both naive and efficient approaches. What if the string had spaces also, like "race car", which is also a palindrome. What if characters similar to an alphabet, from other languages were also be considered as the same character. What if you were implementing a web service with a page that takes input string in a textbox and displays all the palindromes. What test cases would you write to see the service works fine. What of your service was being used only by people in Germany. How can you optimize? - Interview 3: After resume discussion, talks for 5 minutes about his team, MS Office Sharepoint. Just 1 question for the entire interview. Given an API with a string argument and an int return type, what could it be doing. Imagine the different possibilities and how would you decide the testcases, based on the functionality of the API you thought of. Think on test that assure sanity, +ve examples, -ve examples, security, scalability of the API. - Interview 4: Discusses my resume, talks about his team and shortly about his experience of 20 years at MSFT (at which I instantly remarked, I would have never been able to pull that off!). Says that I see from your feedback that you are more of a problem solver, so I would like to test your imagination. Asks me to implement string.Split(some char) API of C#. Write test cases that would fail my code. Write code to fix those failures, iterate till all are resolved. At the end, tries to sell me the SDET position, says it's lots of fun and SDE/SDET switching happens every couple of years. Otherwise, MSFT pampers it on-site invitees. They pick you up from the hotel and airport in a limo, $75/day just for meals, crazy discounts in the MSFT store, free taxi/rental car to explore the city and $50 reimbursable, apart from meals and taxis if you want to buy other stuff.

2 Answers

Given a BST find the second largest element?

2 Answers

You have an image and you have to find the average of the image i.e. average of all the pixels into one pixel. The pixel has 3 values, R, G and B. Each R, G and B is a 8 bit number. Write the code for it in C.

2 Answers

you have 100 doors in a row that are all initially closed. you make 100 passes by the doors starting with the first door every time. the first time through you visit every door and toggle the door (if the door is closed, you open it, if its open, you close it). the second time you only visit every 2nd door (door #2, #4, #6). the third time, every 3rd door (door #3, #6, #9), etc, until you only visit the 100th door.

3 Answers

Implement strstr in the language of your choice.

2 Answers

int Solve(string str); Given the signature above, implement the simplest method that returns the results of the following arguments: 1. “3+5” (8) 2. “10+2-8” (4) 3. “5+10*3” (35) 4. “3+5--6" (14)

2 Answers

Delete n-th element from linked list. Note, you don't have a pointer to the Head of the list.

2 Answers

Count no. of words in a string