Software Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Development Manager Interview Questions

"Software Development Managers manage teams of engineers and work closely with product managers in order to oversee the development of a software product from start to completion. Employers are looking for strong leaders with solid communication skills and in depth knowledge of the software development process. In an interview, be ready to field technical questions as well as discuss how you would prioritize projects. A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field and several years experience in software development is expected."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What is your current salary?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for us?

1 Answer

Design a clone of a web-based note taking system. Design various services for that system.

Nothing specific stands out as very hard in the interview process.

One trivial question regarding a data structure choice - which the interviewer got the complexity wrong - and canned management questions. They did ask "what is your greatest weakness" and I managed not to facepalm.

Onsite interview : All whiteboard coding + system design + behavioral questions. Can't divulge the details due to NDA signed but very thorough process in testing your limits and depth of both coding and managerial experience.

nothing I would consider difficult. very basic CS questions, behavioral question, experience questions. it was very easy except for the bar riser.

What's the hardest management challenge you've faced?

What would you do if you were told to work overtime?

Tell me about the most challenging production issue you've faced.

3140 of 210 Interview Questions