Software Engineer (Principal Engineer) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Engineer (Principal Engineer) Interview Questions

Software engineer (principal engineer) interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.

2 Answers

They asked two kinds of questions: (1)domain knowledge like my experience and skill set showing up in mu resume; (2)C programming including code exercise.

Can you add more details on the code exercise that was asked

1. How does arraylist work internally in java? if you were to implement array list how would you implement. Collections interface implementations and its differences. Whats the difference between set and list interface. Is Hashlist a thread safe or not. 2. Is there time difference in the array list is accessed, if the index is to the begining vs last. 3. How does HashMAp? Deep discussions about that, as well as HashMaps internal implementation details of O(n).

what did you do before?

1 Answer

I was asked to look at some code and tell what the intent was.

Nothing too difficult

1 Answer

Why did you leave the last employer.

1 Answer

Do you consider yourself a team player?

1 Answer

Create a class diagram for this situation: Pilot (fly plane, get drink, consume drink) Flight Attendant (get drink, consume drink, serve drink) Passenger (get drink, consume drink, ride plane) Now, add concept of "deadhead", which is a pilot or flight attendant riding as a passenger. Pilot or flight attendant can only be Pilot/Attendant or Deadhead mutually exclusively.

What is re-entrant code?

1 Answer

"Can you just sign here, please?"