Software Engineer (Principal Engineer) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Engineer (Principal Engineer) Interview Questions

Software engineer (principal engineer) interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.

2 Answers

Can you add more details on the code exercise that was asked

They asked two kinds of questions: (1)domain knowledge like my experience and skill set showing up in mu resume; (2)C programming including code exercise.

what did you do before?

Implement a Hashtable. Chaining / Linear-probing, hash stuff. etc

1 Answer

Huge bank of servers is pounding data layer with connections. What do we do?

1 Answer

Create a class diagram for this situation: Pilot (fly plane, get drink, consume drink) Flight Attendant (get drink, consume drink, serve drink) Passenger (get drink, consume drink, ride plane) Now, add concept of "deadhead", which is a pilot or flight attendant riding as a passenger. Pilot or flight attendant can only be Pilot/Attendant or Deadhead mutually exclusively.

1 Answer

Random questions, that don't reveal if you are a problem solver and experienced software engineer. The questions would only reveal if you have used something very very specific the day before (and therefore you remember).

1 Answer

Do you consider yourself a team player?

1 Answer

Design and code a system that can accept millions of events in real time and report the number of events for the last 10 minutes (sliding window). The system has to account for performance and concurrency.

1 Answer

"Can you just sign here, please?"

1 Answer

1. Real coding questions in the programming languages 2. Mathematical Algorithms

110 of 248 Interview Questions