Software Engineer (QA Test Engineer) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Engineer (QA Test Engineer) Interview Questions

Software engineer (qa test engineer) interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

While waiting for my telephone interview and sitting here for 23 minutes, I went on GlassDoor.com and researched the company. It turns out the company is notorious for being late on telephone interviews and I have read over some very bad experiences from other candidates.

1 Answer

First impressions are most important and since no one called me when they scheduled the phone interview just yesterday, I am not impressed with Living Social whatsoever. Moving on and giving everyone else fair warning that this appears to be a very unprofessional culture to work for. Reading up on other candidate reviews, the company is giving people the runaround. Not a good sign at all. I will pass thank you for wasting my morning.

1. Please write a method to normalize a string which represents a file path. For the purposes of this question, normalizing means: • all single dot components of the path must be removed. For example, "foo/./bar" should be normalized to "foo/bar". • all double dots components of the path must be removed, along with their parent directory. For example, "foo/bar/../baz" should be normalized to "foo/baz". That's it. Normally, a path normalization algorithm would do a lot of other stuff, but for this question, don't try any other kind of normalization or transformation of the path. As an example, "foo//bar" should be normalized to "foo//bar" (i.e. a no-op). Use any language you feel comfortable in, we prefer Java, but it’s not required. The method should take in a string (or whatever passes for a string in the language of your choice) and return a string representing the normalized path. Please write code that you feel proud of and would check in to source control in a professional environment. 2. Once you have completed the exercise, please create ten (or more!) test cases you would you use to test the method.

3 Answers

What is the difference between a test plan and test cases?

1 Answer

Describe a project that you led and the outcome.

1 Answer

Describe a time when you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle it.

1 Answer

Questions on storage concepts, technology and testing methodologies

Difference between a SAN and NAS

1 Answer

What is the difference between Validation and verification.

Write a method that lists all files in a directory as well as its sub-directories. Assume you already have a method that can list everything in one directory and another method that tells you whether a path is a directory or a file.