Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Software engineer trainee interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

In depth question on interrupt handling by linux kernel

1 Answer

What are the steps in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and what are the differences between the Waterfall and Agile development processes?

1 Answer

Can you name a time when you had a problem with peers?

Have you had any experience with programming?

How long did it take you to get to the interview?

different types of exception. diff b/w exception and error

They asked about the java questions and to write a program.

puzzle two wires of diff dimensions have been given. both of them gets completely combusted in 1 hour. you are in a pitch dark room with such two wires and a box of matches. you have to come out of the room in 45 minutes. [you cannot count seconds in your mind or else you cannot visually determine the halfway of the wires given neither do you have anything else other than a box of matches and those 2 wires]

2 Answers