Software engineering director interview questions shared by candidates
Although education, skill and experience were asked about, the main concern was quite obviously salary requirement. The amount was middle of the road for this area, not egregious by any means, but I could tell from her tone of voice that they were looking for someone who was willing to take far less.
1. General Business questions to manage Budget size of between $50 and $100 million. 2. People and team management questions for teams between 100 and 500 people. 3. Technical questions related to Cloud Software, Cloud Security, Mobility and Software Development Styles, like SDLC and Agile.
I met separately with ten individuals, and each interview was different. Some people just wanted to chat and/or sell me on the company, others wanted to test my technical expertise, and yet others wanted to play games (e.g., if you think of the company as a bicycle, what part of the bicycle would your team be?).
See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs
- Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
- Director of Engineering
- Vice President
- Software Engineering Director
- Senior Director
- Senior Manager
- Software Engineering Manager
- Software Development Manager
- Engineering Manager
- Director Software Engineering
- Principal Software Engineer
- Senior Director, Software Engineering
- Director of Software Engineering
- Engineering Director
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- IT Director