Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Software qa engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

questions in javascript ? what are the datatypes in java script ? Is NULL a data type

1 Answer

Describe the packet format for PBB, PB, IPv6, IPv4, Ethernet along with the size of each field

What is a zip file?

1 Answer

Wanted to know what I had studied in college as a BS Computer Information systems major. Inquired extensively about my experience and skills with my internship job at a major telecom company.

1 Answer

Behavioral questions - self development questions, why is it needed, why is it a weakness, what have you done so far to work on it

1 Answer

Was asked to program quick-sort in Java.

1 Answer

What was important to me in a job

1 Answer

How would I test a soda machine

1 Answer

1. Please write a method to normalize a string which represents a file path. For the purposes of this question, normalizing means: • all single dot components of the path must be removed. For example, "foo/./bar" should be normalized to "foo/bar". • all double dots components of the path must be removed, along with their parent directory. For example, "foo/bar/../baz" should be normalized to "foo/baz". That's it. Normally, a path normalization algorithm would do a lot of other stuff, but for this question, don't try any other kind of normalization or transformation of the path. As an example, "foo//bar" should be normalized to "foo//bar" (i.e. a no-op). Use any language you feel comfortable in, we prefer Java, but it’s not required. The method should take in a string (or whatever passes for a string in the language of your choice) and return a string representing the normalized path. Please write code that you feel proud of and would check in to source control in a professional environment. 2. Once you have completed the exercise, please create ten (or more!) test cases you would you use to test the method.

3 Answers