Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Test Engineer

Software Test Engineer Interview Questions

1,657

Software test engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"

9 Answers

find if 2 strings are anagrams

5 Answers

Given a 2D rectangular matrix of boolean values, write a function which returns whether or not the matrix is the same when rotated 180 degrees. Additionally verify that every boolean true is accessible from every other boolean true if a traversal can be made to an adjacent cell in the matrix, excluding diagonal cells. That is , (x , y ) can access the set [ ( x + 1 , y ) , ( x - 1 , y ) , (x , y - 1 ) , (x , y + 1 ) ] For example, the matrix { { true , false } , { false , true } } should not pass this test.

In a BST write a program to find 2 nodes x and y such that X+y=k

4 Answers

Given a triangle, determine if its a scalene, equilateral, isosceles or neither... required knowledge of triangle properties, I learnt these properties about two decades ago so ofcourse I was fuzzy on the details, completely unexpected

4 Answers

given two linked lists with a digit in each node, add the two linked lists together. the result must be a linked list with one digit in each node. use only one iteration of the two input lists.

5 Answers

Write a function to find the node where two linked lists meet.

3 Answers

Write a function to turn a string into an integer and test it

3 Answers

Design a function which returns the number of set bits in a given number, when expressed in binary

4 Answers

post order traversal of a Binary Search Tree Follow up Create a BST from this post order traversed array and write test cases for this function