Software Testing Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software Testing Intern Interview Questions

Software testing intern interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

You have a building with 100 stories. You also have two glass balls. You can drop the glass balls as many times as you want before they break. How can you find the floor at which they start breaking with the fewest number of drops?

3 Answers

Not truly a brain teaser because the answer is mathematical.

If you have N stories, you use the first glass ball to increment by sqrt(N) stories. Once that ball breaks, you use your second to go to the level of sqrt(N) below where it broke, and increment floor by floor. You know it must break somewhere in that group of sqrt(N) stories. I believe this method gets you a runtime of O(n^0.5).

search for "two egg problem". its a minimization of maximum regret problem http://www.datagenetics.com/blog/july22012/index.html

how to test image processing software?

1 Answer

What are white-box testing and black-box testing?

1 Answer

How would you test this plastic, compostable knife?

1 Answer

You have two results from a database query. Check if they return the same thing.

Design a test for ______

1 Answer

There was a question about delimiters that was tough.

1 Answer

Given an eBay type service with multiple front-end applications, user information is being truncated when sent back to the user (Name was 'Andrew' but shows 'And'). Discuss your strategy on debugging this issue.

1 Answer

The most unexpected interview was when I was supposed to interview my interviewer during lunch. While not entirely difficult, it was totally unexpected.

1 Answer

They asked me to write a function to find the amount of grouped words given an array of words. They also gave me a definition for a grouped word but I wont put that here. Know your basics and you're solid.

110 of 34 Interview Questions