Solutions Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solutions Director Interview Questions

Solutions director interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

Don't you feel like this would be a waste of your time (e.g. not leverage all of your skill sets)?

1 Answer

Ask as many questions as possible about the company. It's you're call.

1 Answer

What do you bring to the table?

1 Answer

Was thrown a "what would you do" scenario that I couldn't tell if it was real or not (it was!) to see what my thinking process would be, reaction, course of action, etc.

1 Answer

The questions were all pretty typical scenario based questions, projects and roles I had, and examples of how I worked with others. So I wasn't too surprised.

1 Answer

Was interviewed on site by a contract consultant, and he asked about gaps in my resume as a consultant.

1 Answer

Of all the requirements for this position what do you feel is your biggest weakness and how would you overcome it?

1 Answer

Do you have experience in Relationship building, Technical Skills and Healthcare Industry?

1 Answer

Given our recent acquisitions, where do you believe are the best opportunities for Salesforce.com in the "__" industry.

110 of 51 Interview Questions