Sonographer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as a professional sonographer, expect to answer questions about your technical background and experience, including the equipment you are proficient in operating, the types of exams you can execute, and your knowledge of human anatomy. You should also be prepared to answer behavioral questions such as how you would handle a difficult patient or educate a patient about the exam he or she is receiving."

99Sonographer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Sonographer Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three sonographer interview questions and how to answer them.

Question #1: How do you maintain your sonography equipment?

How to answer: An interviewer may ask this question to test your skills in ultrasound maintenance. Describe the steps you would take to test equipment, including checking connectors, following sterilization protocols, and performing routine maintenance scans. Be sure to emphasize how proper equipment maintenance ensures smooth testing procedures and clear images.

Question #2: How would you handle a patient that was anxious about a diagnostic scan you were performing?

How to answer: This question allows the interviewer to assess your interpersonal communication and patient care skills. List and discuss strategies you may employ to help patients feel at ease during a diagnostic procedure. Share any successes you have had with anxious patients in the past.

Question #3: How do you ensure the accuracy and confidentiality of patient records?

How to answer: Sonographers must keep detailed patient records to ensure a proper diagnosis. This question allows interviewers to assess your organizational skills and attention to detail. List and discuss procedures you have used to maintain and protect patient information.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Health First
General Sonographer was asked...April 11, 2015

What mistakes have you made as a technologist and how would you correct them.

1 Answers

I wasn't prepared. Honestly I couldn't remember any huge mistakes. I answered that if I had any questions about pathology I would consult with the radiologist. Less

Lexington Medical Center

What type of equipment I had experience using.

1 Answers

I have a wide range of experience on most of the cardiac equipment in the industry and in fact was very familiar with the equipment they had in their lab. Philips IE33 and CDX 50 Less

HCA Healthcare

Explain the Bernoulli Equation and explain subclavian steal syndrome

Great co-workers

Susquehanna Health
Sonographer was asked...September 25, 2015

Availability

PureObGyn

Are you married? Do you have children? 'Women with children don't work weekends.'

I prefer not to answer.

Benson Hospital

Can I work weekends and take call

Montefiore Medical
Sonographer was asked...October 10, 2013

Why did you choose this hospital

1 Answers

'cause it is fast growing and modern hospital

Novant Health

We've decided to cancel your interview, and look for someone we think is more qualified, were not even sorry for getting your hopes up, then dropping you like a sack of potatoes.

1 Answers

I have yet to respond, legend tells I may never.

Rush University Medical Center

How well did I know ob/gyn

Over 10 years experience

Ascension

Asked what anomalies or disease states that I had seen during my experience and internship.

1 Answers

I had these written down in my log book but did not have them compiled and ready for the phone interview. I will next time. Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Interview Questions

See Interview Questions for Similar Jobs

ultrasound technicianultrasound techultrasound technologistvascular technologistecho tech