Intern Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor
Intern Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Intern Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

From retail to finance to medicine, every industry needs interns to provide additional support and assistance. Interview questions will vary greatly depending on the industry and role you are looking for. Expect to answer questions about how you work on teams and provide examples of any relevant work experience. To ace your interview, make sure to research the particular position you are applying for.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's the difference between a small molecule drug and a biology drug. (Totally wasn't ready for it)

2 Answers

Even if you do not know the answer, your ability to think and come up with an intuitive answer and a justification for that answer is what they are looking for.

Small molecule equals something that can be produced by chemistry in a lab, think Bayer Aspirin. Large proteins must be generated by a cell to be folded properly, yadda yadda, and are the essence of Biotechnology.

nothing really, they just asked me to describe my past research experiences

2 Answers

What do you see yourself in 5 years?

1 Answer

Demonstrate some of the roles in leadership you have taken in order to get a task done.

1 Answer

Why was I applying to their department (finance) in particular?

1 Answer

Know your answer for "Why Genentech?" It seemed to be recurrent in each of the interviews that I had.

1 Answer

What do you find most important in an internship?

Questions were about my research, what I accomplished, my goals in the future, and when I was able to start.

Tell me about a time you struggled with something and how you handled it

Describe your most difficult experience in college