Program Manager Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Program Manager

Program Manager Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Program managers are responsible for overseeing several company projects that are connected by a common goal. Employers are looking for candidates who excel at people management and conflict resolution. Interviewers will want to know about your leadership and multitasking skills, so come ready to discuss a time you were able to successfully motivate a group to meet an imminent deadline or any experience diffusing issues between coworkers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What trends do you foresee happening in the industry? How does your experience match the job description?

Typical situation based program management questions, leading teams etc. nothing unusual

Talk about my experience, where I wanted to be in 5 years

1 Answer

Overall, the most difficult questions to answer where situational; "tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news," or "tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like," etc. If I were being hit with a water balloon every time someone said, "tell me about" I would be dripping wet by the time we were finished. The co-worker who referred me even warned me about it, and I thought; no big deal, I can handle it. My recommendation is to make up some flash cards and study them the night before so you can draw one from memory in a flash.

What's the difference between a KPI and an OKR and when is the best time to use either.

1 Answer

Elaborate a time when you were not successful and what you learned from it.

Name a difficult situation you worked through and what was the outcome?

Hiring manager focuses on the technical, and the full interview (seven separate) focused on behavioral questions.

Tell me about a situation where you worked with a client to develop their requirement and implement those.