Senior Scientist Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Senior Scientist Interview Questions in South San Francisco, CA

Senior scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was given many detailed technical problem scenarios and asked how to solve them. By all measures, they were not hypothetical. They were looking for creative solutions to existing problems.

1 Answer

After a very draining day long interview, I was told that the position was already filled. Really. At the end of the interview, I was told the position was already filled.

I was not prepared when they mentioned that the position would require very little creativity, i.e no thought or scientific expertise, just grunt work.

1 Answer

what's your past working experience? how's your relationship with your previous colleagues and boss? what do you look for in this position?

Why do you want to join the company? What skills do you bring to the table? Give me a 5 minute overview of the research you've done.

Didn't really have a difficult question. Mostly interviewers are trying to figure out if you are someone they would want to work with.

Some technical questions were asked, very specific to the field. They also asked some more situational/behavioral questions to establish how you would fit into the team.

1. What management experience do you have? 2. What are you most afraid in the role? 3. Why do you want to join Denali?