Special education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for special education

Special education Interview Questions

special education interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a situation in which you have been challenged by a student and how did you meet that challenge and learn from it for future lessons

2 Answers

I talked about a student with autism I had that used to spit on me and other paras every time we tried to get him to learn and do work. I explained the many tactics we came up with and tried as a team and the many ways I tried on my own to get his behavior to change. Until we finally came up with a tactic of reward and recoil that got him away from spiting and excited to do work.

I had a student who would keep talking even when she wasn’t supposed to. I tried changing her seat frequently, talking to her parents then finally settled on having her take a paper and write out what’s on her mind in the back of the room which seemed most effective. I also found that letting her help with tasks worked

What would you do if a student became physically aggressive in the classroom?

1 Answer

Do you think all students can succeed at high levels?

7 Answers

What subjects are you qualified to teach? Are you flexible in your teaching style?

3 Answers

What would you do if you heard a staff member speaking badly about another teacher, yourself, or a student in your classroom?

2 Answers

If you encountered two coworkers engaging in gossip, what would you do?

2 Answers

How did you handle a stressful situation on the job?

Tell me your experiences

2 Answers

Why do you want to be an educational paraprofessional?

2 Answers

It has been very different each time. Some ask to see a portfolio, some are not interested at all. I was asked some very specific questions, such as, "what were your students test scores from the previous year and how did you move their scores up?"

110 of 538 Interview Questions