Special Education Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Special Education Teacher Interview Questions

Special education teacher interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I inquired about the ages of their employee childcare program, a terrific perk, and said that it was great that it went down to 18 months of age. A team member honestly asked me (I'm 54) if I had an 18 mos. old.

1 Answer

I said NO, but I would have appreciated it if I had (as other members snickered.)

Several times a few of the team members actually seemed to question the truth of my very true statements! When I explained how I attained one additional certification by going to graduate school at nights after work and in the summers, I was rebuked with "So you expect me to believe that you worked with children in Austin all day and then drove yourself all the way down to Texas State (in San Marcos, TX) and took classes and did counseling there and then got up and did it again?" All of this said in a very sarcastic tone with a finger wag added for emphasis.

1 Answer

What I had done with students.

1 Answer

How would you diagnose a child with an IQ of 71 and poor academics in comparison?

1 Answer

Describe the IEP process and its component parts and detail what is needed for each portion.

1 Answer

If a child did not master a goal, what do you do?

1 Answer

Why do I want to work with kifd

1 Answer

How have you used Direct Instruction in the past? What programs have you used?

1 Answer

Repetitive Questions were mostly about data

1 Answer

What is one of your areas of strength? What is an area of weakness?

110 of 295 Interview Questions