Sr Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sr Manager Interview Questions

4,989

Sr manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What do you think of the team?

5 Answers

Paraphrasing - This is a new line of products in a new market. We need to come up with a new brand identity for this, but not conflict with the other products we sell. And not make it look like we are lessening our commitment to this other product line, even thought his will replace it eventually. By the way, there's no marketing budget. How would you do that?

3 Answers

Suppose there is a smart phone API that can give you a person's mood and that there are 100 different moods. There can be varying level of moods, such as happy, very happy, sad, extremely sad, etc. You can also have more than one mood at a time (such as nervous and excited). What app would you create to take advantage of this API?

4 Answers

What is the best way to sort a terabyte of array of data, when you have limited RAM (500k), and each array element has a couple of items of data, at about 1-10k each.

6 Answers

Please tell me how you'd design a campaign to capture the SMB market

3 Answers

Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to see your point of view.

3 Answers

A vaguest ion that was asked in a very general way, but which the interviewer clearly had specific answers he was looking for: "what are four components that are included in every specification doc". That sounded a lot like a thing you would find at Microsoft and similar large companies where process is more strictly defined. I answered poorly, I think, perhaps because I haven't worked with that kind of spec in a very long time, and not on any projects that worked out well. Smaller orgs/programs/projects (startups and incubators, for example, where the outcome is always in flux, as I am accustomed to working with) can have poor specs, specs that are centered on marketing, planning documents that are made up of wireframes and time-based stage gates. In any case, I choked a bit, and the interview kind of skated around and became more specific as we went along. I don't think that is inappropriate, though, because Amazon does value and expect the ability to deal with ambiguity.

4 Answers

Our operations kick off significant cash. How would you go about funding store expansion in countries in which Wal-Mart has a small foot print? Specifically, would you make a USD denominated loan to the subsidiary or have them get in country/in currency funding?

2 Answers

Describe what do you write in a functional specification?

3 Answers

How would you bypass change management processes to dynamically change OS JCL streams?

2 Answers