Sr project manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sr project manager Interview Questions

2,884

sr project manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

13 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

Suppose you are working on a project with an original scope of a few months and you are told that you instead now have a few days -- how would you handle it?

5 Answers

What is your idea of reasonable turn around time for a project?

3 Answers

Have I ever managed a project where my deadline move-up abruptly? Was I able to meet that deliverable deadline, and if so, how?

1 Answer

Describe a project that you have managed and the steps you took to see that project completed.

1 Answer

How would you deliver a project when there are two conflicting directives issued by your manager and your manager's manager?

1 Answer

How would I design the elevators for a new 40 story office building that had an average of 100 people per floor to most efficiently fill and empty the building given a standard 9-5 workday and traffic conditions in my city? The answer needed to be completely detailed, including expected passengers per car, time per stop, average floors stops per trip at various hours, etc.

9 Answers

What do you think of the team?

6 Answers

What is the best way to sort a terabyte of array of data, when you have limited RAM (500k), and each array element has a couple of items of data, at about 1-10k each.

6 Answers