Sr Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sr Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Sr systems engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you peform an SSH connection between these two PCs. I can't give you any information on these PCs, just do it.

4 Answers

Couldn't do it. Not enough information to complete.

ssh into localhost ;P

Simply SSH in to localhost

Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.

8 Answers

There is a body of water that starts with 1 square unit, and doubles in size every day (2 units after 2 days, 4 units after 4 days). It takes 100 days to fill up. How many days would it take to fill if you started with 2 square units?

6 Answers

If you could be any Linux command, which would you be?

3 Answers

The most difficult question was "If you are not hired for this position, would you be willing to accept a position one step down and work up to this one?

2 Answers

The most difficult question during the interview was “Tell me about a decision that had to be made where your team members didn’t see “eye-to-eye” on, and how did you handle it?”. This wasn’t a particularly difficult question to answer based on my background—I pulled from team experiences that I had led in the past, but can see how this could be a tricky question to answer (underlining purpose of this question is to determine if you have a “dictator” approach, if you tend to side with one group, or if you aim to bring your team together in the middle to find a compromising proposition).

2 Answers

How to deal with a difficult customer

1 Answer

Do you balance your checkbook?

1 Answer

What would i NOT want to do as a systems admin

1 Answer

Experience, specifics about different technologies, asked about client interactions.

110 of 453 Interview Questions