Sre Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sre Interview Questions

sre interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Storage, Linux, VMware, and Network and some scenario based question to check your troubleshooting ability.

n/a

There's a lot of elements to typically cover in these questions, clarifications, scoping, making sure you're answering the actual question the interviewer is looking for you to answer, etc. Could be worth doing a mock interview with one of the Prepfully Nutanix SRE Engineer experts... they've worked in the role so they clearly know how to get through the interview. prepfully.com/practice-interviews

Several technical interviews -- felt to me like they were unrelated to what I would eventually be doing on the job.

1 Answer

Basic linux internals: what does SIGTERM do vs SIGKILL. What is an inode. What factors go into user load. Here is a system we built and it has this random problem. Diagnose/fix it.

Troubleshoot some Apache webserver problems

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Didn't got any difficult questions.

1 Answer

Testing and commissioning of large scale water treatment plants

1 Answer

The questions were easy enough. I take issue with the tech challenge however. A 40 hour tech challenge (they say 2 hours a day for a week but for the task it is much more than that, unpaid of course) doing something 100% unrelated to the typical job experience. The question I had was, design a restful api service that can handle any scale of security events, scan them against a database that changes all the time. Design and build the storage, restful api, backend service, secret management, infrastructure-as-code, etc. for the entire microservice architecture. They want a production grade micro service and cloud architecture, complete with tracing, monitoring, logging, scaling, etc. etc. etc. Remember, this is an infrastructure job, and you are supposed do it in "8 hours or less".

Design a multiregion system

Merge string

1 Answer

What is your experience working with linux? Are you a nano or a vim guy?

110 of 132 Interview Questions