Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

Administrative Assistant Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

Executives count on administrative assistants to keep busy schedules and company activities as clear and easy-to-navigate as possible. Expect questions about your organizational, time management, and communication skills. Many of these questions will be story-based, so come ready to explain a time when you successfully juggled multiple deadlines or were able to handle difficult customers at the front desk. Though these interviews focus primarily on soft skills, you may be asked to answer a question about your ability to use basic administrative software.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

From 1st annoyed guy: "How would you handle competing deadlines when all of us come to you at 4:30 and our projects are due at 5pm and we're all equally important?"

2 Answers

Nothing appeased this guy. You could tell him how and why that wouldn't happen and he wasn't having it. You could tell him how you would address it if it actually happened that way. Nope. I think what he actually wanted to hear was "I'll do yours first and then everyone else's."

Fist of all i will look who come first and start with him, because i will not said i can't do it to any one , then start to the first coming and do it in a not shall, then second to first , third and four one , or i can ask the most important one ,among them i can start with it, and do in a hurry.

The two admins that interviewed me made comments about how they were only staying on the job for a few more years so they could retire with full pension.

1 Answer

What is the minimum salary you would accept?

1 Answer

Not difficult but definitely amusing: "This is our most important question. It's very, very important: How skilled are you at using Microsoft Office?" They were dead serious.

1 Answer

I was asked, "Do you know anything about our company?"

1 Answer

Questions are pretty standard of an interview, but they are looking for concrete answers. They want specific instances of when you did that.

1 Answer

"Before I bring people in for an interview I like to make sure that we are at least on the same page in terms of what compensation, what our budget is versus what you're looking to make. Do you have a range in mind where you're wanting to be?" "So you don't have just a range of what you're looking to be?""I just don't want to waste your time or our time. I kind of like to do that before I bring people in for an interview just to make sure that we're not like miles apart, it just saves time, I'm not looking for an exact number, just a range"