Marketing Manager Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Marketing Manager Interview Questions in St. Louis, MO

Marketing manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you think you would be satisfied doing this type of work?

4 Answers

There's no good answer to this. I said that it would be a different challenge than what I've been doing for the past many years and therefore would be very satisfying as it would keep me challenged.

"HR Guy said: “Depending on your comfort level.....A good answer is "I am looking for a challenge, that is why I am here today. I feel (insert name of company) will provide me with that opportunity which will benefit both (insert name) and my individual career goals."”" --- That would be a good answer for someone who isn't familiar with the company and doesn't already work there, but it isn't a good answer for someone who already works there and was looking to move up in their field. Unfortunately the person doing the interviewing and the person who would have been the manager determined I was overqualified for the job and that I would be bored because they had already been burned by hiring someone who did get bored and left after only a few months. They didn't want to get burned again so they refused to continue communicating with me (this was confirmed with people at the company). The funny thing is, I'm not over qualified for a job I haven't done before. While I am very qualified for what I do and over qualified for lesser positions in the same field, I'm not overqualified to be a car mechanic, because it isn't something I do on a regular basis. It's very unfortunate that HR and TA people assume people are over qualified if their resume is stellar, not realizing that different jobs require different skills and that people do sometimes apply for jobs that are outside their comfort zone for the challenge. Regardless of how 'over qualified' they seem to be for said position.

Why are you the best fit for the role?

Are you nervous

1 Answer

I am experienced in the area that I interviewed and I did extensive research on Redfin so I didn't find any of the questions difficult.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you overcame an obstacle

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

They employee the use of a personality test that they then use to make assumptions of what level you'll be best suited to work. It's just a smoke screen if you ask me and tells them nothing as to what level of sales you can perform at.

All STAR method questions. If you are familiar with STAR, then the interview should be fairly smooth.

1 Answer

Rate yourself from 1-10 in Google Analytics.